The Technology Lead will report to Derek McBurney, Director of Technology.
As a Senior Developer, you will engineer the code behind our projects, turning requirements into real experiences.
Senior Developers are experts with at least one core web technology stack such as LAMP CMS’s, JAMStack solutions, theming, or animation, with an understanding of other disciplines and roles that help create amazing digital experiences.
You will work directly with project team leads to transform requirements and designs into smartly crafted solutions. You will be trusted to solve programming challenges and communicate with your team as you navigate through implementation to ensure project success.
- You have proven expertise developing web solutions with open source LAMP CMS’s like Drupal, Wordpress and SilverStripe, JAMStack solutions with React, NextJS or Jekyll, or PAAS options like Shopify, Squarespace and Hubspot.
- You have experience with many different web development tools such as console debuggers, module bundlers, linters, task runners and version control systems.
- You have an eye for evaluating deliverables and identifying code implementations, contrasting strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
- You have experience working in development teams, offering constructive input, working through challenges as you build projects.
- You're a proactive communicator, willing to raise your hand when you're having trouble with a problem or when you have the time to help someone else with theirs.
- You like to explore when an opportunity presents itself, and have a desire to try new methods over old approaches.
- Build projects through to completion by writing project code that is elegant and secure.
- Architect approaches for implementation along with informative estimates for delivery.
- Evaluate and select frameworks, libraries and tools that fit the need in current builds and can provide value in future builds.
- Share your development practices and solutions to mentor others in your technology stacks.